Personal Business Cards are important part of marketing your business. It expresses who you are and what you stand for. Having the wrong one is a definite disadvantage. Nowadays, the majority of business cards given to customers get thrown away within a week. These cards are a vital part of your business.
Contrary to common belief, a business card should not be about aesthetics. They’re meant to help grow your business and eventually convert customers.
5 Thing To Keep In Mind When Designing Personal Business Cards
- Choose an appropriate shape and size
- Decide if you go with the traditional rectangular business card or you want to be playful to stand out. There are many unique business card shapes available on the internet. Keep exploring to get the perfect shape appropriate for your needs.
- Oversized cards may be harder for your clients to keep. Consider these 3 factors when choosing the right size for your card.
Bleed area: the outermost part of the card likely to be removed.
Trim line: the target line for cutting cards.
Safety line: outside this line is subject to cutting mistakes. Don’t let essential element like text or logos fall outside this line.
- Choose the right color mode
- The color you pick is very essential to your brand. If you are placing a logo or graphics, make sure other colors go well with it. Check the color settings on your computer and you’re now ready to print.
- Contact information
- Give your prospective clients / customers contact information related to your business. Avoid cluttering your design with unnecessary information and design details. Decide which to include and exclude. Choose from the list below:
Name – Every card needs a name.
Company name – Except for personal brands, in which case your personal name is your company name.
Job title – This helps remind the holder of who you are, what you do, and even how you met.
Phone number – It is a very important method of communication .
Email – Email is the new norm for non-urgent business communications, partially because it allows sending documents as attachments.
Address – It is necessary for drawing customers into your office or store location.
Website URL – Including your site URL is a non-aggressive invitation for visits.
Social media – If you just want to show a bit of your personality, include social media links.
QR code – A QR code is still a viable shortcut to transferring whatever data you desire.
Slogan or Tagline– A slogan helps with brand identity and adds a little personality.
- Finalize your Design
- Reevaluate your personal business card design to make sure everything works. Clear out as much clutter as you can. Is all the information necessary? The fewer the remaining elements, the more impact it makes.
- Choose printing materials
- Choose printing materials that will go a long way.You can go with the traditional paper or card stock. If you want to leave a stronger first impression to your potential client , you can use unconventional material that is relevant to your business , e.g., wood ,magnet, plastic.
If you are looking for free business card templates, head over to Smarties Color Print and Design for full customizable, unique and professional-looking cards.